Aim of the project was to contribute to better productivity, achieve more comparable level of innovativeness between countries in South East Europe (SEE) region by diminishing development differences in the field of innovation and provide a harmonised regulatory environment across the region.
General objective was to create a communication platform for decision-makers supported by sustainable mechanism for fostering innovation in SEE area, and thus jointly contribute to the SEE region innovation performance, addressing Priority 1, AoI 1.3 of the SEE programme.
Specific objectives were:
- to ensure sustainability of the developed mechanism by establishing FINNO Committee for Sustainable Cooperation and Fostering Innovation in SEE Region and assuring its functioning after project conclusio
- to contribute to more effective implementation of innovation supporting instruments in participating countries
- to prepare common recommendations for policy action and preparation of new or improved tailored innovation supporting instruments on the SEE level and in each participating country
- to increase capacity of key innovation actors (project partners and stakeholders) in SEE countries by implementing targeted workshops
- to monitor and compare innovation performance in SEE by developing a common methodology and analysing the results of the Technology Innovation Assessment Scoreboard (TIAS) in the region as a whole and in each participating country
- to raise visibility of the developed mechanism and assure dissemination of project results to different stakeholders.
By enhancing cooperation of key players in innovation support area the project contributed to the competitiveness, cohesion and stability in the region. By establishing a mechanism for fostering innovation the project contributed to common EU and SEE programme area goals of economic growth, development and job creation, positively affecting economic and taking into consideration all other aspects of sustainable development.